Sunday 12 July 2015

5K Cancer Research UK Race for Life

Well the hills of Heaton Park were a shock to the system (never again will I take the flatness of Holland for granted!) and the crowds were difficult to manoeuvre around too! BUT I did it – I ran a 5K Race for Life this morning in loving memory of my Nanna Eva. Despite the hills (that I've not once trained on!) I didn't stop or walk once and also managed to achieve my best time yet of just under 36 minutes! A million thank yous to everyone who has supported me on this journey with kind words of encouragement, to those that have sponsored me helping me to more than double my original target with an astounding £422.48 raised so far for such a special, life changing charity, and to my nearest and dearest who were there to cheer me on this morning, catch me when I collapsed at the end, then buy me celebratory ice cream – love you all. An extremely emotional and empowering experience today that I will remember forever and that I am very proud of. An amazing and unforgettable day 💗













No comments:

Post a Comment