Tuesday 25 March 2014

Seven months of heaven!

Here is a quick summary of the things I have loved most about my first few months in this new country:

#1:  the school!
I’ve longed to work at a school like this since graduating in 2007. My class are incredible, the leadership is incredible and the people I work with are incredible and I’ve made some lovely new friends. I’m very lucky and so thankful to finally be at a school that makes me happy and in which I feel inspired and appreciated.

#2:  the distance to home and time difference
Holland is SO close to England and I love it! I’ve already been home three times and I’ve only been here a few months. Even though I’m living abroad again, it never feels like I’m that far away. The one hour time difference makes it easy to Skype with friends and family at home of an evening and I just love the thought of being able to hop on a plane and jet home for a weekend if I ever needed to. Amazing.

#3: all my visitors
This has been wonderful! I have been so lucky that so many of my friends have already been over to visit me and that my mum came here with me when I moved and has another trip booked for a few months time. Except my mum’s one visit in the two years I lived in Korea, it was never possible for anyone else to visit due to the distance and the cost. Seeing the people you love most when you’re so far away from home is like no other feeling in the world!

#4: exploring Holland and lots of Eurpoean adventures
Since moving to Korea in 2010, I developed a passion for travel and was lucky enough to explore a great proportion of Eastern Asia. My move to Holland has meant that I have a brand new country to explore and lots of surrounding countries to visit. So far in Holland I’ve explored Den Haag (where I live), Amsterdam, Delft, Den Bosch and Utrecht. Further afield I’ve already been lucky enough to travel to Bruges, Brussels, Paris, Disney Land and Dusseldorf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment